I'm back, from both my April Korea trip and my non-blogging holidays!
First thing to keep you updated is related to my US applications.
..........
Unfortunately I didn't get any good delicious offers from the university.
This is another way to say 'they rejected me'... why oh why!
Despair? Hmmm... not really. And that's what I surprised myself with!
I'd been dying for an offer to go to these schools despite the super high cost, as you can see in the previous posts.
Although it's a bit of my regret for not being able to have my undergrad studies in the States, I felt mollified, or rather unperturbed for all the rejections.
I once told myself if I'm going to these super elite schools, I will learn to be a super elite, staying in academics with all my heart in to do stuff that normal people rarely are involved in. Because that's the point, right? If you're chosen to do something that nobody can, even it isn't the best job in the world, you will need to bear that responsibility for being capable... Just like why superman needs to save the world even though there is a very bitter part: the world doesn't trust him.
But now I'm not teehee. So I will as well focus on my interests in fashion art and some musics besides biochemistry. And even if I'm going to these schools for my grad studies, I'm still gonna love to take care of my appearance. :P
Living in London for the next few years instead of Los Angeles, Philly, Ithaca etc. means there'll be fashion weeks held nearby my university.
Even though I would prefer living in California... places like LA or San Francisco, talk with ABCs....etc.
I'm probably going to UCL. It's located in the city centre of London, just like any other London uni that I've gotten offers for, ie. Imperial and King's College.
I was a bit intimidated initially after learning about the complicated VISA application (more things to plan and do now!), and knowing that I need to face it all by myself.
But after a few reviews of UCL and the London city, I am now extremely EXCITED for a new life! One of them said, every day can be a totally different day in London.
My piano teacher told me to be proud of having this prestigious chance of my life that is going to change my horizon and perspective very drammatically.
Drammatically? My life has been very 'drammatical' since the last few years of my primary school. HAHAHHAHA that's what my friend claimed when I told him about my stories. He laughed and said that I should write a novel or film a movie. I don't think these stories still matter when I finally gain the ability to actually film a good movie in the future. LOL.
What's so good about London? I can go to Paris in 2 hours. Buy some cheaper LV, Balenciaga, Gucci etc. :P I hope I have that money. Because the living cost in London is very high, even though not as high as NYC, the accommodation fee is about four to five times compared to in Sunway. *CRIES* I will survive....
Anyway, don't worry my friends. After a year there, you can always come and visit me and I'll bring you to embrace fully the lively vibe in one of the greatest city in the world called LONDON.
Second thing to tell you guys, KOREA is amazing!
I mean, I really do enjoy everything in Korea, except the ginseng chicken soup meal.
The food there is extremely tasty when it comes to Jeju Black Pig Barbecue, Dak Galbi, Kimchi, fried chicken... Other than these, hmmm most food are kinda bland and healthy, hahhaa. When it comes to these food, Kimchi is your best friend. :)
The lady boss was in the trip. So at the last day, we had a lavishly sumptuous meal in Todai, an internationally-established-and-renowned seafood and sushi buffet restaurant. Well I use 'lavishly sumptuous' not because it is really lavish or whatsoever (it was good though), but to accentuate the fact that no tour group would bring its customer to have food like this. We even stay in really good, clean and comfy hotel. So I am very satisfied with the trip. IT WAS SO GOOD.
Let's talk about what's in Korea.
Hmm... well I guess traveling to any country is almost about the same if you're not going by your own. You'll see their architecture, and listen to their culture stuff.
Buildings, museums, some tourist attraction, shopping and some good food.
Undeniably, the time I went to Korea is the perfect time for photoshooting.
The sunlight was good enough for a nice photo but not scorching at all to burn you. The weather was comfy, cool and nice. The cherry blossoms were everywhere......
Korea is more or less like Taiwan, but better (or maybe it's a prejudice...this is my first time in Korea). They are both suitable for shopping.
Shop for luxury goods in Lotte mart... the staffs can speak good Chinese and you can joke with them a lot so they don't think you're from China and they will be very good to you HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA. I bought a Tony Burch for my mum, thousands $$$$ my savings all gone WTH :( I'm eating sands and grass for the following months before heading to London, ok.
Korean has their shopping culture: they don't give discount but they give free gifts. They like to have promotion like 1+1 etc... So you can bargain with them. As my mum wanted to buy the ginseng powder, I asked the 2 golden version of ginseng tea instead of 1 golden version and 1 silver version, and they considered for a while and were okay with it!
Another important thing that makes me wanna live in Korea is that the Korean boys are so cute. I kennot. And they are generally tall (tell me why???). And I was like, my god I need a Korean bf, or at least hook up once there.
That's what I really thought when I was there *FACE COVERED*
What's the big deal? Forgive me.
No comments:
Post a Comment