Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2016

What's Up

It's comfirmed, guys.

I AM GOING TO UCL.

I have firmed it. I make Imperial College as my insurance. 
(Don't ask me why despite its higher ranking LOL)


Apparently UCL would have more drinking parties. And someone less sociable like me would really need opportunities to brush up my inferior social skills. 
(My friend's like 'HOW CAN SOMEONE NOT LIKE KIARRRR?')


So I was really worried about my career prospect, and even job prospect if I'm coming back for work, after my first Bachelor's degree. Yes I'll need at least this Master degree or something more for this entry-level jobs.
Do you guys find these academics stuff shirty? I sometimes do. I should stop.

BUT I AM FREAKIN' EXCITED (AND SCARED) FOR UNI LIFE!




Okay. So recently I've been in Muar for few months.
I re-visit Sunway quite frequently (so much thanks to Jing who keeps me in his room) whenever I'm too immersed in my Muarian's style.
What's Muarian's style? Scare this scare that, hesitating for doing Big thing, feeling too song in comfort zone, like to disparage, decry, denounce etc. It's not like my town is really that bad. It's just the stereotype I'm experiencing whenever I'm here. 

They like to tell you those who dye their hair or did tattoos are bad and something like that. And I find it necessary to actually educate my parents about it. 

Whenever I said I'm thinking of plastic surgery, my parents would throw out bad remarks such as 'unnatural', 'ai mu xu rong' and also sentence that goes like this 'If you're bad, it's pointless even if you're looking good.'
WTF so I'm like 'does that mean that if I'm good, it's okay to have tattoos (which to them it's pretty bad looking) done on me? And since I know I'm good and kind, I'm gonna do tattoo.'


Actually there's a stereotype about this tattoo thingy that I want people to really think it over.
I mean, yeah you like to say 'don't judge the book by its cover' and you've agreed to it. But now what? Tattoo = bad looking and evil. And since you dislike 'bad looking' so much, you ironically hold contempt towards plastic surgery, which is a process to make people look better. And I've heard that Americans generally think the same way - 'unnatural'. Let me tell you that Korean takes plastic surgery as a chance to upgrade themselves, hence they aren't scornful or shameful at all towards the so-called 'unnatural' surgeries.
..... SHIT OUT OF TOPIC ADY.

Going back to Sunway has been my input sources.

An old friend of mine, who is really independent, inspires me so much. She said she's the kind of person who would think of going somewhere at this moment and end up buying ticket at the next moment. And I think this is living life to the fullest. Maybe. Not just because she is rich lol (That day I was like 'wa why you pack yourself up for so many things' and she was like trying hard speaking in Mandarin 'got money got problem meh?' I think she's trying to say 'I think that's a first world problem'). Sometimes even when you can afford, you will still be scared and hesitating for so long to go somewhere alone, especially overseas where the citizens don't speak your first language. She actually signed up for diving lessons in Australia, planning to go there alone.

(The diving lessons consist of about 8 times of diving, which take place at different site. You will pass the exam after the third time of diving. She even has the chance to dive at the Great Barrier Reef, OMG!)

Okay though I can afford going to Australia or somewhere else in this gap 9-month and though I am 'inspired', I still wouldn't dare to go alone. Should find a friend and just go. And if I'm going to places where I can go alone, like Taiwan, it's so boring that I've been there quite a few times and there's simply nothing to do there especially when I'm alone. Last year I was hoping they could form a group of 5 to go to United States, but alas, everyone's busy. SHIT. I WAS REALLY EXCITED TO GO THERE. and meet my Jason. I miss him, it's legit. Though this relationship won't go far... (sob. because I'm going to UK right)


I hope you don't find this close-up too abrupt.
Till next time! It's too late to write any more.

No comments: