Pages

Saturday, April 1, 2023

on drugs

The commonality that all drugs share is that they elicit this sense of happiness and euphoria so much that it results in a sense of complacency. It makes you think that happiness is so simple; some music, some powder, some nice people to surround with - that's it. You have absolutely no FOMO, of what others are doing. You are so present, so enjoying the moment - that time flies by so quickly (for some drugs). You feel so deeply connected with the people surrounding you. You place trust in them, you care for them - you are in a state of giving (giving & caring for people is often the largest source of happiness when one is high...).


Here, I would like to focus on complacency, a state of mind of a drugged individual, which is actually also shared by many everyday people. People who are imprisoned by their macroenvironment, and those who have accepted the status quo and never challenged or asked questions about why and how and what-ifs, or never asked how they can change the world. Complacency keeps them there... but this is not a discussion to critique those who don't try. 

The first time that I have ever felt complacent - that this is good enough and that I can live with this - is when I'm high. And that itself is dangerous.

This complacency strong enough to impose on highly driven individuals, likely, is the true harm of drugs.




No comments: