The studio was dark, full of sound absorbing material and has some equipment which involve lots of inputs and outputs. There was a glass between the studio and the live room, a space where we sing. Honestly speaking, the live room is the most intimidating space. With all the sound absorbing material on the wall, the live room is very very quiet, and you can't listen to what the producers are discussing unless they allow you to listen.
So it's kinda like a 'stage' to judge you without letting you know what their critics are. SCARY. It was SCARY for the first few times. I was nervous all the time I sing.
As I played a smaller part in this cover, the experience is still good overall. Very enlightening and insightful. We went to the studio a few times, so my nervous-ness was getting lesser.
Besides this, I recorded a solo cover, called 'The Angel of Small Death and Codeine Scene' by Hozier. It was meant for my US college/university admission, but I did not end up submitting because I didn't have confidence in my voice. (The word 'extraordinary talent' intimidates me)
The recording part was still okay, not too bad.
But the video shooting part was really stressful. I had almost forgotten all my parts in the song because it was recorded like at least 3 months ago. I also didn't get the emotions and lip sync very right. I wasn't too professional I think hahaha!
Seeing my face bigger than it was due to the lower lighting, I was also very nervous!
But overall, it was a GOOD experience!
I wonder if we will have another cover, BUT IF WE DO, my performance will be much better.
Video shooting and recording are real tough jobs!
You have a thousand ways to belt a note, but how do you maintain that coherence in your record and real life performance?
I suppose the singers have been through hell lot of training and courses!
Anyway, I think we had a good time and amazing experience playing with music.
This feels so good and amazing.
At the end, I wanna thank all of my friends for being so supportive.
I love you guys, even though you may be not able to see these hahahahaha.
I am so so so grateful right now. xx
Here's the video 'Kelson, ZengTeck, Kiar - Four Five Seconds (Cover)'.
No comments:
Post a Comment