Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Good 2016!

Happy new year to my beloved readers, whether you are my friends or you were or neither.



2015 was a good year for me. I was busy in studies, exams, applications, essays, and then more exams and essays. Of course I didn't forget to have fun; shopping and buying books are my favorite ways to mitigate the enormous stress. Okay... I spent a lot. My penitence is real. Forgive me xx.

2016 denotes an end of my A-level course. I miss Sunway very much and I can't thank my lecturers more for inspiring and encouraging me. The supportive-ness they exhibit makes courage viable. Such as my courage to apply universities in overseas.

Let me update you with the good news!
I have received offer letters for three UK universities out of five. I'm still waiting for others. I was so happy to receive the offer, but a friend of mine was pretty unperturbed by my exuberance. Her argument was that where I wanted to go is the US, so the offer from the UK is nothing important for me. OMG it's so true, but but but... these offers are like an appreciation on my thinking, ideas, and my academic capabilities! 

Look, in a group of people, you'll never find me the brightest. In a class of people, you'll never find me the most outspoken or the one who has the best results. You don't even find me the most well-rounded person. I have opinions but I always ask people's opinions. Unless I am forced to a corner, I never argue too seriously. But I DO HAVE OPINIONS. And they are so unconventional that sometimes people find it difficult to accept even though my argument is strong. This sets me apart from people, but sometimes I wonder if my way of looking at this world is wrong.

And I wasn't the best since I was in Primary school. I wasn't anticipated to get 7As in my UPSR. Well I thought it was impossible for me at that moment. Receiving an offer from a world top 20 university is, you will understand now, a recognization of growth. And I've realized that I have to ability to grow with the environment (which is good!) and finally outgrown who was once better.

Well in another way she is right. The reason that I procrastinate writing blog post mostly is that I'm busy in the US application. Applying to US universities is really tough - tougher than applying to UK universities. First, they want SAT. Then, they ask for copies of secondary education transcript, which includes A-levels as Grade 12. Later, they ask for a common essay. Besides, each university asks for another essays that has its own distinct questions. All of the parts serves as puzzles, trying to depict a whole picture of who I am, what I aim and what I can be. The whole process takes up whole lot of courage and determination. That's why, if I receive an offer letter from the US university, I'll be much much more elated and excited.  
But I haven't heard from them since the day I applied. It's been 8 days for common app unis and a month and 8 days for University of California. Hahaha I'm too anxious!!

Ohh! My result is coming out on the 13rd Jan. God bless me getting a good results!
Yeah that sums up pretty much everything. Once again, happy new year! xx

No comments: